[Harp-L] Parallel effects advice?

Hi,

BACKGROUND

I'm thinking of using parallel effects, that is, sending two signals
(original and exact copy of it) to two chain of effects with option to
combine them in the main mixer or sending them to two amps, or have a
combination of an amp and PA. there are option of having 3 and more
signals, but 2 will be enough to break my head for a while. I understand
that it may take unnecessary time, resources and energy without having a
clue of what I am doing, so I recourse to asking you guys first.

I'd like to use only one mic for acoustic sound - both chains being
tuned for acoustic sound as well but with different effect ingredients.

QUESTION I:

I think of using channel switcher so I could switch between 2 chains of
effects easily and when necessary use both together - line switchers
with routing options and outputs for A only; B only; A/B together. That
is, a line switcher with two buttons, one input and two outputs.

Will I be successful if I plug my mic into line switcher directly and
then, using A and B outputs, connect them to each respective chain with
two preamps at the beginning of each chain (i'll use effects loop, so
preamps will send preamped and wet signal to PA or Amp and PA).

My concern is using the Y routing, that is, both A and B outputs from
line switcher. Will it degradate the initial signal coming from the mic?
And should I use an additional preamp before the line switcher?

Any comments?

QUESTION II:

Can somebody share some intersting combinations of effects of A and B
chains. i know that it's very good to have, say, a sufficient amount of
delay effect with chorus in one chain panned extremely to left or right,
and a dry signal in another chain with the pan with at noon. At the same
time tricks with EQ in each chain can give good results too. I'm just
wondering if some of us have some tasty and personally checked, beloved
or used combinations of effects in terms of A/B chains combination (i.e.
(A) compressor, phaser, reverb / (B) dry; (A) compressor, delay / (B)
pitch shifter, EQ, etc.)?

Any comments on that?

Big thanks in advance,

Alex