[Harp-L] re: Gus

You can rest assured, Steve, that Mr Gus is in no way restricted to that country of yours -- he (tends to be of the male gender) is most definitely a transnational entity. Even we Europeans, traditionally associated with a somewhat less forthright social demanour thsn you Americans, have him in tons.
    A few years ago I saw a clip of BB King gussed at some blues festival in Germany, mighty embarrassing; and I´ve heard from touring blues bands here in Sweden of his almost ubiquitous presence in audiences, happily honking on his instrument, anxious to share the stage.
    But Gus as a name works here as well, I think.

    /Martin

  Holy crap, have I been on this list that long? I remember that post.
 And I still think Gus is the perfect name for that guy, who somehow keeps
 showing up all over this country of ours.
 Steve Webb in Minnesota