Re: [Harp-L] Gus

Rick <rickmccallen2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The last time I heard Gus was at the Denton Jazz festival. He was in the audience trying to play along with a B3 jazz trio. His wife/girlfriend? thought he sounded wonderful, but he was really disGUSting ! It's amazing what a little liguid encouragement(beer) will make a person do.

it's amazing to me how rude people can be. i was at a New Blood concert a while back, sitting at the bar, playing my heart out. i sounded great. but there was this weird guy on stage playing harp so loud i could hardly hear myself. every once in a while he would realize his mistake and stop, but then the guitar player would turn up, stepping all over my righteous chops.

someone got to learn them boys some manners...

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West