Re: [Harp-L] suggestion for Gus rename

Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:     I believe we have someone on this list whom is SO in command of the
English language that they can come up with a name from the
dictionary that exactly fits this person. I seem to recall that there
IS such a name/term.

  I think that word might be kibitzer. It's an English word that is a cognate between Yiddish and German, I don't know which language it came to English through. It means somebody who participates in something in a meddling way without actually being a participant. If you're playing cards, he's the guy who's looking over your shoulder, "helping" you play your hand.

  Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com