[Harp-L] Tongue Trill

   I'm a pucker player who occasionally slaps an octave chord with the broad
part of my tongue.  So I can't really advise anybody on anything here.
However, I think Joe Filisko once gave me an excellent piece of advice on
this stuff that I'll pass on.  Joe told me that he cut a plastic strip out
of a milk jug, then used an exacto knife to cut out holes the size and
spacing of those on a harmonica.  He would then practice in front of a
mirror with this contraption to sort of of try out and fine tune various
tongue techniques.  Or to work on something specific he was running into
problems with in a tune.  The advantage is obvious; you can actually see
what you're doing or what your problem might be.
   Hey, best wishes to everyone on the list.  Have a great holiday season!

Mick Zaklan