[Harp-L] *Brooklyn Harmonica Club Upcoming Workshop*

We're excited to announce that in our next meeting our esteemed friend, Eugene Plotnick, will grace us with a workshop.

This will take place on Sunday, January 13, 4:00 pm, at our usual spot (if you don't know the location - email me off list).

To those who don't know Gene, here's a quick bio.

He's a psychologist and a serious painter, who's been playing the harp for 40-odd years. He spent years learning from Brooklyn legend Bob Shatkin (who later became renowned for his blues harp course at the New School), and Muddy Waters alumnus Paul Oscher. In addition he learned (in person) from James Cotton, Junior Wells, Carey Bell, Fred "Rockin' Red Palmer and Robert Bonfiglio, and hung out and gig'ed with the best (Jerry Portnoy, Les Paul, Luther "Snake Eyes" Johnson, Victoria Spivey, Willie DIxon, Louisiana Red, Sugar Blue, Rob Papporozzi and many others). In addition he studied saxophone and violin, and picked up the guitar on his own. He started teaching blues harp over thirty years ago and has some famous students, among them Carlos Colina and "Little Frankie" Pedini.

His style is "old school" blues, in the Mississippi/Memphis/Chicago tradition. He's the real deal.

Accompanying him will ~probably~ be Rich Yescalis, Steve Guyger's guitarist, who's a fabulous guitarist in his own right.

As we have done in the past, the workshop is free but at the end of the workshop we will pass around the hat. Suggested donation: $10.

Looking forwards to seeing y'all. It'll be a great workshop.

Yours.

Zvi