Re: [Harp-L] Teaching to bend

In a message dated 12/18/2007 11:17:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
special20harp@xxxxxxxxx writes:

It is  WAY more easily applied than any arcane lecture about
narrowed air flows,  dropped jaws, or humped tongues.

my personal experience with humped tongues (the way I describe it) and
beginners has resulted in nothing but success. If they don't grasp it easily,  then
I suggest the whistling inward to get them on the same page, but move
quickly back to tongue humping as the ultimate source. The look on their faces  is
priceless when they "get it" - frequently commenting "why, this is  almost too
easy - I was definitely trying too hard".

The Iceman