Re: [Harp-L] Recommendations for Gigs

We've started using the LED lights and they are much, much better. No heat, unlimited color combinations, etc. I think Musician's Friend has them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Brown" <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Broussard, Craig" <Craig.Broussard@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Recommendations for Gigs

I wont go into specifics for lighting, as I also have little experience with
it, but here are a few tips that have been handy for me in the past:

- One or two racks of three lights each should do for small gigs at local
bars.
- Go with gel film for colors as opposed to "colored bulbs". Make sure they
are standard thread incandescent lights. They can be easily replaced at a
local store.
- Bring spare bulbs and keep spare sheets of colored gels.
- Run the lights on a circuit seperate from the rest of the gear.
- Man, can they get hot! Keep them as far away from you as possible.
- Add weights to the floor stands if you use them. Invariably some drunk
person (audience member or band member;-)) will eventually bump them.
- Always carry a roll of black Gaffers tape. In fact, carry one whether you
have lights or not. It has hundreds of uses.
- Use lights with breakers or a power strip with a breaker switch to reset
it.

Hope this helps.