[Harp-L] Jason Ricci Mainstream Sighting

Jason's song "The Rocker" from Rocket Number 9 appears on the CD sampler included with this month's Relix magazine. It's the issue with Beastie Boys on the cover and an ad for Phish's Vegas '96 live album on the back. This is not the radio single cut of the song -- it's the full-length (7:02), uncensored version direct from the album. It's the longest track on the sampler, which is probably a badge of honor in a magazine devoted to jam band music. Other artists featured on this CD include Mavis Staples, Tom Waits, Animal Collective, and Jason's labelmate, Ana Popovic. Here's the blurb on the track listing in the magazine:

"Jamband? Jazz band? Alternative Rocker? You can't lock Eclecto Groove artist Jason Ricci to only one category. This Nashville-bred musician is the Derek Trucks of the harmonica but sings like Steven Tyler. He soars from southern-fried rock to spacey jazz, with super-sized jams honed by years of club gigs. The guy is addicted to music."

I couldn't have said it better myself! (And no, I didn't write that. :-)

Jonathan Metts
Prairie Dog PR