[Harp-L] thanks/XB-40/Maybe August

Thanks Elizabeth, George, and all for the nice comments!

I like the XB-40s not so much for chromaticism(I can overblow and I own chromatic harps) but for the extra expression you get from being able to bend every note down at least a whole step(I've always been a fan of slurring in and out of notes), and for their volume. The extra volume on the XBs makes them excellent rack harmonicas especially in the lower keys(G, Low F, Low D, etc.). I can wail away on the guitar and still be heard on these lower key harps where on a regular diatonic, I would have to watch my guitar volume.

I'm very excited about Maybe August coming to Chicago this weekend. Rosco is a wizard on the harmonica and back in the late '70s, he taught me how to bend notes on the harp.

James
www.jamesconway.net