Re: [Harp-L] "I Want My Mama"

Wailin' Wood (Glennn Woodland) does a really good
"I Want My Mama" (and "I want a drink of water")
on his song "Mama Blues" that is on his CD "The
Collection".

I LOVE the intro on this song... its a haunting
minor thing... the song is played on an A-harp, but
the intro is played in 5th position (I think!),
then the rest of the song is played in 2nd position.

The enunciating of the 'M' and "W" on harp is mainly
done with a very tight handcupping and quick opening
of the hands (I usually use the bottom part of my
palms).  Using the tongue helps get other syllables.

Wailin' Wood is one of the best diatonic harmonica
players around, and I had the pleasure of seeing
and hearing him at the Buckeye Harmonica Festival
several years ago.  Here's his website:

http://www.wailinwood.com/index.htm

Ken H in OH