[Harp-L] Amp/ Mic for Chromatic [jazz] Harmonica?

.

I have seen toots perform many times......He plays into a sm58 and plays, that's it.........the mixing board does the rest.

For my jazz gigs, I use the audix harmonica mike, the fireball V into a Digitech 350 which has lexicon reverbs, eq, delays,chorus, etc.

I will add a tube preamp later this week.

[Harp-L] Amp/ Mic for Chromatic [jazz] Harmonica? Posted by: "rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wed Dec 5, 2007 4:53 am (PST)

I know this has been addressed before, but I'm too lazy to check the
archives :-) What amp/mic combos do you jazz chromatic players use? I love
the blues chromatic guy's sounds but that's not what I'm looking for, and
I've got all that stuff anyway. What does Toots use?
I have an SM-57 that I like...is there a better [similarly priced] mic for
this sound?
WVa Bob

http://www.randysinger.com
http://www.randyandnatasha.com

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny." -Gandhi

“Knowing love, I shall allow all things to come and go, to be as supple as the wind and take everything that comes with great courage. My heart is as open as the sky.” --Kama Sutra