Re: [Harp-L] 12th position

Jim;
       I mess with 12th all the time, and feel reasonably fluent with it. But when I get up on Thursday nights with the little quartet, it's always a case of 'back to the woodshed'.
      Maybe in a bigger combo where I wasn't wearing as much responsibility for 'holding it down', I could get away with it.
      Look, I know I'm probably going to get some disagreement here as far as 'exact pitch' goes, but the best guide is just to mash down on the 2 hole bend as far as you can.
     Depending on the harp, you might be a few cents out one way or the other, but the 'floor' of bend 2 is the keynote of 12th, as is draw 5 and draw 9.

Cheers,
RD

>>> "Jim Alciere" <jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx> 4/12/2007 5:36 >>>
So what's the magic technique to get the bending so precise that you can
bend accurately enough for the tonic note?
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com