Re: [Harp-L] Whats happened at Harp On?

Hi there.
On 22 November 2007, we made an announcement to all Harp On! members
using an exported list from topica.com, explaining what we planned to do
and why, to get people's reactions before Friday 30 Nov 07. Initially
topica.com was the best of a diminishing bunch of free email servers on
the internet. All of the great features that convinced us to make the
shift from yahoogroups.com to topica.com are now gone, and what it's
meant to do didn't work properly. The last straw was when we discovered
digests were no longer being delivered to members, one of many problems.
Another change since we started Harp On! email group is both Pat and I
('G') have had a number of changes in our lives and priorities, we
simply don't have the time and energy to put into running an email group
any longer.
Out of 485 email recipients, only 33 were rejected, either because they
no longer exist, or because the recipient's inbox was over quota. I'm
sorry to those who didn't receive anything, I did the best I could, but
in a world of eager spam protection, it's par for the course.
We received a few emails, all nice, most thanking us for the group and
wishing us well. But no one screamed out to keep the group going, or
offered to take it over.
So Sunday 2 December '07 we emailed a second post to all the member's
email addresses, as well as to the group (which never showed up in the
archives), announcing that we were deleting it, and thank you for
everyone's participation and contributions.
2 December '07 12pm NZ time we removed all members, an hour and a half
later we deleted the group.

I've copied this email to http://www.harpon.org if you know of anyone
else who's wondering what happened.

All the best,