Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci superharp?

On Dec 2, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Haka Harri wrote:

I know that my comment is unwished among harp-l colleagues but I have to say that Jason Ricci is not the only harp player in town.

Lots of comments of Jason being a supernatural talent and rainmaker, .... Partly true but harp genius still remains in the music of the Walters and Sonny Boys,

Harri

Have you ever heard Rice Miller or Walter Jacobs live? Not being confrontational..just curious.
Let's put it this way. For 10.575 years I have patiently read about Estrin, Clarke, Smith, Butter, DeLay, Rice, Wally, Big Wally, And whose the guy who always wears sunglasses, even inside, even at night?

Well. it occurred to me that just like on the evening news, there are only a finite number of stories, and therefore they must be constantly re-cycled. Sort of like the constant refusal of some people to allow Elvis to be dead, and constantly resurrecting him for 'One MORE' record offer, or a re-hash of every single Kennedy that ever lived.

Such is the list. I have seen the same topics come up in a rather constant re-circulation and it seems to occur on a systematic time log.

So, maybe Jason isn't the only harp player in town, but I guess I chose him to be MY harp player for at least a while. So, I guess my intent was to enter Jason's name into the lineup. Sorry if I sounded 'gushy'.
smo-j