Re: [Harp-L] RE:Jason Ricci Cozy's

On Dec 1, 2007, at 5:13 AM, Lenny Citrano wrote:

Wow what a show. If you missed it don't miss it next time. Like watching history unfold. Amazing band too. And like all Jason's playing his acoustic stuff is incredible too. They play Harvelle's in Redondo Beach Tomorrow night. Go.

Watching Jason perform (as WELL as listening) is a sensual experience (in MY estimation). Not at all like watching someone who is road weary or burning out from too much repetition merely going through the motions. Not like watching a quasi-corpse up there with a strained face as they try to come up with something that will hold your interest.

Jason & 'Da blood' give it everything. Each and every time. It doesn't matter if there are 23 people there, 77, or 260. They LIVE it. They are a premier 'Live' group. Sure, recordings are great, but live is what makes THIS group come alive. I have seen a few concerts in my time, and always preferred gentle jazz, light rock, and subtleness. But Jason made a Christian out of me. He made me a believer.

Through life, we meet many people. Very few really impress us. Very few make an impact. Jason makes my skin crawl. He raises the hair on the back of my neck. He makes my spine tingle. If I never have any other interesting thing happen in my life, meeting Jason and spending time with him would be the Omega. The Ne Plus Ultra, the Sans Pariel.

smokey-joe