[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 79

>Subject: [Harp-L] Champion 600 with 8" Speaker " greate
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

>Hi,
>i just got my champion 600 one week ago and i was putting in a 8"
 >Marble
>Speaker,
>Try it , after this work you will not belive the Sound this small Amp
 >is  giving to you.
>Best regards
>Ralf BBH
>Then i tried a weber 8" also greate Sound, just like the old champs (
>the  god one)

  I also recently got one of the new Champion 600's from Fender and found it to have way to much gain for my liking. With a hot CM mic it was WAY too overdriven, even in the low gain input. I changed the 12AX7 preamp tube to a 12AT7 and the tone is OK now. You might even want to go to a lower gain tube if your mic is particularly hot.

  Jim McBride