Re: [Harp-L] loud drunk guitar player

Dave said:

<<Oh man I'm talkin' about jams!  I wouldn't play in a band  with players
like that, I don't pay - or get paid  - for pain...  >>
Back in 1971, when I re-formed my band back in England, having worked  for
about 3 years mostly in France and Germany with "John Walden Workshop",  we went
PROGRESSIVE..

It was too loud!

Bass guitar, and 2 regular guitars each playing through 200 Watt tube amps,
with stacks of speaker cabinets.

At the time I had a 100 watt amp with just a couple of 2 x 12" cabinets,  set
ahead of me on stage to reduce feedback.

I still couldn't hear what I was playing!

It was not fun.

So I decided to stop working electric and started to work with an acoustic
guitarist in a duo instead.â
HEAVEN!

Over the years since then I've worked with everything from a duo to a 35
piece orchestra.

It is always better when it isn't too loud!

John Walden
London
England