[Harp-L] Re: Loud, Drunk Guitar Player

How do I deal with the loud, drunk guitar player (or any other loud, drunk
musician)? I'm a drummer who has been accused of playing too loudly. But I've
never been accused of being drunk at a rehearsal or performance. I play in a
20-piece swing band.

I'd deal with it the same way the band leader of my group deals with it. He
asks me politely to play softer.
If the guitar player is drunk at rehearsal or performance, get rid of him  or
her, find a more responsible guitar (or other) player.

In my 50 years as a musician, I've only witnessed one performance where a
musician was drunk. He wasn't hired again by the band.

John Broecker