To: "David Fertig" <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The loud drunk guitar player

&#65279;Aah, the loud drunk guitar player.  How do you deal with that?
Why do so many guitarists seem incapable of playing at less than very
loud?
--because they're a@#holes, all of them, even the "good" ones.

Is it a case of sword-wielding for sonic supremacy?
---nope:see above.

Is it solely the deafening effects of alcohol?
---nope:see above.

Is it any different from a harp player that plays loud constantly or over everyone on every fill?
---yes, it is different...we're harp players and every right-minded person
wants to hear anything and everything we play...they, on the other hand,
are not harp players; they're guitar players and by their very nature,
a@#holes...and no right minded person wants to hear ANYTHING they
play....except for their rhythm parts, and they need to turn those down,
too.

So, how do you all deal with the creeping volume issue?
--- hire keyboard players.
WVa Bob