Re: [Harp-L] Blues harp of choice?

I like SP20s with a Turbo Lid
Marvin Fleischman

>>> "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> 8/27/2007 3:01 AM >>>
SP20s, but I've got a C Pro Harp at the moment that is winning out over
my usual gigging SP20 in C, which sounds harsh and makes squawks when
bent the full distance on hole 2.
I love the XBs. Dunno why more people don't use them; you can just play
'em like an ordinary one and just bend anything to see what it sounds
like!
With a little more effort, some wonderful things are possible.
RD

>>> David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx> 27/08/2007 16:40 >>>
Hey you know I'm a sp20 guy since (when'd it come out? '71? 72?) but
sometimes I'm likin' my Hohner 365 C too these days.  So deep.  And my
oh so soulful low low Bb Seydel, thanks to Bendin' Ben Bouman.  Yet
sp20s are my axe.  Like Winslow said, we're all different sound boxes. .
. .

What are you jammin' with these days?  XB 40's?

-Dave

From:"jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Blues
harp of choice? Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
To:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx                Plain Text Attachment     [  Scan
and Save to Computer      ]

I'm probably opening up an endless thread here, but I'm curious.  Say
you're at
 a blues jam.
You've got a nice sounding mic, nice sounding amp and you're ready to
wail on a
 good old Chicago
style blues.   What off-the-shelf harp would you reach for?  I know my
own
 preference, but I'm
curious what others prefer.