[Harp-L] re: loud

Chromatics rock. Play octaves on a green bullet and an old class A
tube amp. Wow. Hit the low notes. Sounds really nice through an SM57
and a real clean tube amp too. Crystalline. To me the Chromatic is
like a 12 string guitar. It adds a really cool sound to the mix. Plus,
if you can play a diatonic, it translates real nice to the chromartic.
I would highly recommend you listen to Jr Wells and Charlie
Musselwhite. May as well listen to Stevie Wonder too. I bought a
Hering 16 holer. Best $100.00 bucks I ever spent. There's a little
buzz sometimes on the low notes. Folks in African deliberately modify
their cymbals and their kalimbas so there'll be a little buzz. Hering
took care of that for us. Nice of them.

As for volume--you can do the proper thing and practice scales etc or
you can turn the amp up. I recommend both.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com