[Harp-L] Re: loud chromatic

I have been playing chromatic longer than I would like to admit. I tend to
play semi-classical numbers because you can put more of your own arrangement
style into it (Malaguena, Rhumanian Rhapsody, etc). I have found that when you
play with a good vocal mike and amp, the best way to play is with the same
amount of breath that it takes to talk. Let the mike do the rest. Playing loud
will only tend to put too much tension on the reeds and will not get the
sound  you would like. You can get a good deal of vibrato by just coughing very
lightly  into the harmonica. Hope this helps...happy playing.
Frank Tomasulo
(cheechmail@xxxxxxx)