Re: [Harp-L] Song suggestions?

Hi Dov,

"Amazing Grace" always comes to mind as a song to
play.

Another song that I always like to play, on diatonic
is "Far Away Places", inspired by listening to the
Sam Cooke version of this song... not that I have ever
had to play it for such an occasion as yours.

This song can be played very nicely in 1st position
starting on the 5 blow (usually on a lower key harp
like an A or G).

Of course it can also be in 2nd position with some
bending, but I also like using a Melody Maker or
Paddy Richter tuned harp played in 2nd position (no
bends required).

One of my favorite songs to play.

Ken H in OH