Re: [Harp-L] Loud?

Hi Daniel,

in this case, it is pretty certain that, if you have the means to meet an
experienced chromatic harmonica player so that he can show you just how much
technique can influence the tone on a chromatic harmonica, you will benefit
immensely.
Do not regard the chromatic harmonica as the same instrument as a diatonic
harmonica. It is not. The mechanism of sound production is the same, the
interface to the player is similar, but there are many very important
differences, like geometry, the presence of valves or the slide assembly.
After you have talked to somebody experienced in chromatic harmonicas you
can decide if it is an instrument you want to take up. Then, the next most
logical step would be to try to get some classes with a good teacher.
You should not let yourself be intimidated by this other type of  harmonica,
but you should also not forget that it has its own characteristics and
deserves special attention.

All the best,
Fernando