[Harp-L] Re: Dallas Chromatic

Dear Bruce,

Instruction starts on Thurs Oct 11th in the evening, i.e., 6PM to 10 PM. After that daily from 10 AM to 12 and from 2PM to 4. This way people need only take Friday and Monday off work in the Dallas area.

Yes, I do use music since reading is the fastest way to learn, scales, patterns, tunes, etc. Imagine if you were doing poetry, but could not read or spell. Everything must be memorized then with no reference.

I not only teach all scales and arpeggios, rhythm, tone, vibrato, corner switching, tonguing, etc, but more importantly, how to practice this material. The basic four areas of practice for the rest of your life will be scales and arpeggios; Rhythm; etudes or duets; and a piece of music you choose.

If you play diatonic, I emphasize the similarities between the two instruments. Playing chromatic can enhance your diatonic playing and vise versa.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

Hello Robert,

I remember meeting you a few years ago in Detroit at SPAH. I too enjoy playing the chromatic and especially reading music with it. Most that play chromatic seem to not be able to read.

I am interested in the planned instruction, but would like to better understand the course curriculum and number of hours of teaching, etc. Is there such a course plan?

Thx,

Bruce Dunai