[Harp-L] chrom-style bends on a diatonic

appreciate the replies!

  there is a lot of material on harp-l re valving - usually half-valving - a richter harp, but I didn't find anything about trying it on solo tuned harps.

  maybe the title I picked is misleading - I don't want to _sound_ like a chrom: I want to be able to bend every note, from bottom to top, blow and draw - of the C scale, since that's all solo tuneds are available in - a half-step down.

   I don't mind differences in tone - a step-&-a-half draw bend on 3 has a different tonality from an unbent blow 6, & I'm pretty much OK with that.

  And I don't mind the work that might be involved - well, actually I do, the picture of me sitting at the kitchen table dripping glue everywhere while valves/windsavers fly all around the room every time someone opens the door is not an attractive one.  Still I wouldn't mind giving it a try, as long as the basic theory is correct.

  So ... is it?