[Harp-L] SPAH-De-Waddy-Doodle All Day....

I am still coming down from a wonderful time in Milwaukee. I know that for
me there were a few life altering moments that occurred and I am sure that
some others feel the same way. I have so much on my mind but I want to sort
it all out before I start flailing away at my keyboard! As with all events,
especially events put on by volunteer organizations, there were a few things
that might have been better but over all I have to give a big high-five to
the Milwaukee Club and the SPAH team. From my perspective there were many,
many more positives than negatives. I hope that others will come forward and
share all of their thoughts and feelings on both sides of the aisle. I
myself am committed to being a SPAH supporter and want to be part of the
"solutions" of issues that come to the surface that need improvement.

In future posts I will be acknowledging many people who were part of my 2007
convention experience but I want to start now by mentioning one special
person. Mike Paskov is a member of the Milwaukee Club that sponsored the
Convention. I met Mike when he attended the first of my two "Blues for
Breakfast" seminars. Mike made it a point to tell the entire room of
participants that he was at their disposal for any "local" help while they
were in town. He offered his time, knowledge and vehicle to any and all
folks in need. Within minutes of meeting this man you could tell just how
sincerely he wanted to be part of making any and all attendees as happy and
comfortable as possible. The Milwaukee Club is so lucky to have a man like
this in their midst. A true ambassador for his club, city and the harmonica!

Mike came through for me and a few others big time when it came to getting
to the airport for our trips home. We had very early flights out Sunday
morning and the hotel shuttle was not starting to run early enough to get us
there on time. We were in the process of lining up (expensive) cab rides
ahead of time when Mike jumped in and insisted that he would get us to the
airport on time. The poor guy had to get up at 3:30 AM and schlep through
the rain to get four of us and our pile of luggage to the airport. Being
true to his character he would not accept a penny from any of us for his
troubles. Its guys like Mike that make these conventions so much more than
just a harmonica event. They are an opportunity to meet exceptional human
beings who have big hearts and a zest for life.the harmonica stuff is just
the icing on the cake.

Warren Bee