Re: [Harp-L] Hering 5148

rules:

1. always play with a clean mouth. sugars and starches gum it up. rinse your mouth every time before playing.
2. it's got a plastic comb, so when you're done playing it, start a trickle of water at the faucet and run water, mouthpiece facing down, into the slide button end of the slide and mouthpiece assembly, and work the slide until it feels free.
3. if it gets too dirty even for rinsing, take it apart and clean the slide and mouthpiece with a soft brush and mild detergent. rinse well. a very thin coat of petroleum jelly on the edges of the slide (not the sides, just the edges) may help it move smoothly.
4. when replacing the slide assembly, or tightening the screws after cleaning, tighten them until the slide barely sticks. back off the screws until the slide just runs freely.

tom