Re: [Harp-L] bending: beginner to beginner

In a message dated 8/14/2007 1:06:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kchance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  recently been able to bend one note - 4 draw. What worked for me
was moving  my tongue back in my throat, dropping my jaw and sort of
hollowing out my  cheeks a bit.
However, I have not had much luck with 2 or 3 draw so far.  When I do the
same thing, I get just a partial bend and seems like I  sucking a lot of
air.

Congrats on your first bend. Hole 4 inhale will give you a bend without a
razor sharp focus on correct technique. Hoes 2 and 3 are not so forgiving -
mostly because there is a lot more bending area built into those holes. So, you
will have to refine your technique - even on hole 4, until you get the
"essence"  or "sweet spot" in the tongue/throat area where the bends live.

The Iceman