Re: [Harp-L]Room Acoustics - was Howard Levy playing"Amazing Graccce"

> Opinion is based on my real life experiences of 30 years as a  musician.

Same here dude.

I agree with some of what you said, but you can't judge the sound of the performance based on a video clip filmed 50 feet or more away on a bad microphone. It could have sounded beautiful from every seat in the house, but a mic cannot capture the same sound that your ear hears. Your ear can tune in to the sound you are listening to, whereas the mic picks up everything...mostly room noise. For example, when you're putting a mic on an amp for a PA or recording, if it is right on the speaker it will sound good, but more than a few feet away it will sound like it's inside a garbage can.

Tom