Re: [Harp-L] HarpMaster vs. Delta Frost (was Bushuki vs. Suzman)

> I haven't blown one out yet. But I try to blow as soft as
> possible just enough to get a good tone. Intrestingly the
> consumer ratings on coast2coast (you have to click
> the refresh button after having loaded the page for the
> first time, to see all of them - see
> http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/BU7.html)
> talk about some blowouts.

I bought two Suzuki Promasters around the same time as I bought two Delta Frosts. The I blew a reed in both Promasters within a couple weeks. The Delta Frosts get just as much use and it's a year later and they are still going strong. Luckily the replacement reed plates for Promasters are pretty cheap -- about $16 compared to the cost of the harp at $35. This was just one experience with a few harps, not meant as a review of the quality. I still buy Promasters because I love the sound and feel of it, and those replacement plates have been going strong.

Tom