Re: [Harp-L] Re: Name That Tume.... Please/Harp in Western swing

Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It's like comparing Charlie McCoy to Toots Thielemann.

>i bet they'd both be flattered.

In 1979, I did a gig for Oak Publications that involved working with Charlie McCoy in Nashville.  Charlie told me that he'd had a gig a few years before that in which they put some paper in front of him with a part that had been written for Toots Thielemans.  "I can't play that," was Charlie's response.

A few months after that, Charlie said, he heard that they'd put a chart written for Charlie in front of Toots at a session.  Charlie said that he'd heard that Toots's response was "I can't play that."

So I don't know if they'd both be flattered.  But I bet they're both in awe of each other.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
myspace.com/richardhunterharp
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter