Re: [Harp-L] Lip pressure

It might. They're different sizes. I like the analogy someone else had: not more pressure than you need to drink from a glass without dribbling down your chin.

I play chromatic, and I tongue block. When I try to play pucker, my jaws ache; but from muscle tension, probably not pressure. Others pucker just fine, so it must be the different muscles necessary to pucker. I never get tired with tongue block, but I'm used to it.

Another suggestion I'd have is to rest more often and do stretching exercises with your lips and jaw: pursing, smiling, "chewing," anything to keep from getting "frozen."

Hope this helps.

Tom