Re: [Harp-L] Subject: SmoJoe's version of Summertime on YouTube

SmoJoe's performance was stellar!  As much as I'd like to attribute it to Italian blood, I have seen him perform before and I know it's just that genuine way he crafts his licks with those intricate transitions that just mean "Smokey."

  Nice video on Garry's part.  Thanks Elizabeth for bringing it to our attention - you are a good judge of finery.

  Mark Russillo
  a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:
  With Garry Hodgson's help (I have no idea how to do these things)...and
after talking him into it, SmoJoe has allowed me to have one of his Buckeye
performances posted on YouTube, finally!

Here he's playing Summertime onstage at Buckeye, 2007. This is what Jazz
chromatic playing's all about.

_Click here: YouTube - Joe Leone - Summertime_
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=uu8Jt7DKMOk)

Elizabeth