Re: [Harp-L] open letter to those criticizing the video performance of randy singer and toots thielemans

Hi Randy,

I remember coming across your YouTube video a while back, and only noticed one negative comment. I've seen a lot of good vids on YouTube and not a few of them attract at least one negative comment somewhere along the line. It goes with the territory.

Most of us - well, me at least - haven't had the experience of playing with someone we are in awe of. My (unasked for) advice about criticism of this high point of your life is forget about it, let it be. Get over it, as in "rise above it". People who watch will be able to make their own minds up, both about your playing and Toots' reaction, and any criticism from others. There's no need to keep defending yourself. You didn't storm onto the stage and take over, it's clear you were invited up.

cheers

PS I can imagine how nervous you would have felt, but it really doesn't show. I think you sounded fine, and given who you were playing alongside that's saying something.