Re: [Harp-L] Re: Signifyin' Monkey

When it comes to "ronch"... I don't think anything surpasses Rudy Ray
Moore's version.
That was always his specialty, influencing such later naybops of
willful nastiness as 2Live Crew.
It was funny, but you have to be in the right mood...

By the way, for shock value, the Willie Dixon rendering of that song
would work in reverse.  He hadn't yet developed that swagger that
would flow through himself and the others who played his songs later
and the whole thing is... a little wimpy...
(He's probably hurlin' a hoodoo from heaven down on me right now.)
Brad Trainham