Re: [Harp-L] Re: music theory

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:52:17 EDT
From: Philharpn@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: music theory

>Also, the Circle of Fifths also tells you the I, IV and V chord at a glance
>(if you don't know them cold)
8<
>Key of C -- everybody knows Second Position is G (count clockwise from C(1st
>position ) G(2nd position)   and D (3rd position)
8<
>Most people know the common keys, but what the heck to you do for the Key B?
>Check the Circle: B is I; E is IV and F# is V.

Hey there,
  Just to add to Phil's advice, some time ago I put up a webpage that
enables you to build yourself a practical cycle of fifths wheel.
If you have a printer, glue, some cardboard, a pair of scissors and a
thumb tack, you too can be a proud owner!
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/intervalsfifths.html
-- G.