Re: [Harp-L] Cheap Tube Pre-Amps

I used one of these for about a year and thought it was great. Mine died when I opened up the case one to many times and the solder joint broke. What is the improvement that you talk of? Would it help to replace the Chinese 12ax7 with a good low gain tube?

Jonathan Metts wrote:
I just saw this deal in an email from Musician's Friend. (No association.) Since this device has been discussed quite a bit on Harp-L, I thought some of you might be interested in it. They are selling the ART Tube Pre-Amp for only thirty bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581&src=3NL7H2

This is actually an improved version over the one I ordered a couple months ago for $50! It's a useful little piece of gear, and just about the cheapest piece of electronics you could buy for your harp setup.

Jonathan Metts