Re: [Harp-L] karaoke

On Aug 1, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Bill Hines wrote:

I've thought about this, and I decided that if I was going to do
karaoke with harp I would bring one of my blues jam tracks CDs and just
sing and play harp over the selected track(s).

Hi Bill,

I played Steamroller Blues. It's an easy 12 bar in G with uncomplicated lyrics. It went over well
with the highly intoxicated audience. I sang for about 30 seconds, then ignored the lyrics and played
harp till the end of the song. When I pulled out the harp and started playing the place went dead quiet
for a few seconds, probably because they weren't expecting it.

I've come to the conclusion that karaoke is a great way to hone your
singing chops because the standards are so low.  The guy who went before
me was so bad, I knew that no matter what I did, I'd come out OK.

Mark