Subject: [Harp-L] music theory

FINALLY!!!  Someone who "gets" it!

thanks, Michael!  Not that I'm all that interested in theory..having  studied
it for piano lessons as a child and disliking it even then...much  preferring
to play my harmonica (and keyboard) by ear, for which I seem to  have some
innate ability.

But I've been away from harmonica for a very long time, coming back to it
only 4 years ago.  To my mind, I'm never going to be a professional  or gigging
musician...have no ambitions to go into a studio to record  at this particular
stage of my life...so why force myself to 'study'  something which leaches
all the enjoyment out of my new (old) found hobby  -  my reason for which is
simply to make music to  please myself on my harmonica...and perhaps not frighten
away  friendly animals or other humans ;)

 I'm at a point in my life and an age where I find studying  theory boring
and a waste of my very limited time....when I'd much rather be  playing instead.

Hanging around those harmonica  people I am comfortable with  however, I hear
those terms, and while they don't think of them as "theory" per  se, they
leave me lost, and them frustrated because I'm neither "speaking nor
understanding" their language.  So your premise is extremely  sound...and for that reason
alone I'd love to hear more about your approach, and  would most especially
be interested in a DVD series.

Elizabeth

"Message: 13