[Harp-L] chamfering and tip scooping (was Seydel 1847 overblow friendly)

On July 30, Fernando wrote:
Chamfering  is a variation of the scoop.........two  links...........
http://www.overblow.com/?menuid=161     &
http://www.fractal.art.br/ecafhb/en/scooping.html
Ludo does it a bit  different than it's shown on both sites, I believe.

Good luck to  Fernando.  And thanks to him for sending the above two links,
which  show pictures of tip scooping and chamfering.  The first pic seems to
show  the chamfering is in the corners of the slot.  The second pic shows a cone
 shape indentation in the reedplate at the free end of the reedslot.  This
could probably be accomplished with a Dremel grinding tool.
Ludo  Beckers chamfers with a needle file.  Not knowing the definition, I
googled  "needle file" and saw that it is a very thin file, somewhat like a
needle.
To insure that I am perfectly clear, my interpretation of  these procedures
is that they cause the reed to start vibrating sooner and / or  easier, thereby
allowing an even lower gap to allow OB's without the reed  choking up and not
sounding.  Corrections and comments  welcome.
Ludo or anybody, can you describe what is the  result between a stock harp
and after it has be chamfered to round off the  corners of the slot?  Can u
remove too much metal and have a negative  effect?  How does one know when the
optimal amount of metal has been  removed?  Any tips will be appreciated.
Fwiw, someone said Pat  Missin described tip scooping as a procedure done to
the underside, not the  rivet side of the reed plate.  From what we've been
reading and seeing,  this doesn't seem to be correct.  I am aware of and have
the greatest  respect for Pat's great experience and credentials, and am
wondering what this  is about.  Does anybody alter the reedplate from underneath?
Comments, anybody?
Thanks in advance.  I hope to try these mods  soon and will post my results
on harp-L.
ron - FL Keys