Re: [Harp-L] Adhesive for Harp Amp Tolex

Be careful with tolex and glue. A lot of adhesives have solvents in them that reacts with the plastic in the tolex
and turns the glue in to a greasy mess. After you get it all together it will start to peel and every time you touch it
you'll be all sticky (as will anything else you touch). A lot of people say that regular contact cement works well.
Never tried it myself. A lot of amp shops sell what's called "Tolex glue". I've used it with great results. It's neat and cleans
up with water. It comes in quarts and I think it's about $20 / qt.

Scooter

Hello everyone

Any suggestions for some type of spray on or brush on adhesive or glue for a silver face Fender with black tolex and a Premier amp from the mid 60s? Harp content is these are fine harmonica amps.

Thanks as always and see some of you at the SPAH.

Hal Iwan