[Harp-L] Johnson amp

As I posted a while back I bought the Johnson Laredo 25 watt all tube amplifier. I have used it on 3 gigs so far (luckily I am getting regular rotation at a bar in Nashua, NH). We are doing a 4th visit a week from Saturday, August 11.

I have a question for the amp/sound experts.

The one drawback I am having is finding a spot for the amp that allows for dispersal of the sound evenly while avoiding feedback at the volume needed to be heard. When it was behind the mic I sing through the feed back was an issue, so I tried putting it next to me just in front of the mic, and that solved the feedback issue.

BUT, the sound was great directly in front of me, but the seats to my right couldn't hear me even at high volume because of the limited dispersal of the sound. What i mean is the sound traveled great directly in front of the the amp, but not to the sides. no surprise there.

There is a jack at the back of the amp for an external speaker.

Here is my question. I read the owners manual and the external speaker should be an 8 ohms speaker (I'm guessing ohm, the symbol looked like an inverted U with feet).

Can I run a cable to the PA speaker from this jack? We use a Yamaha PA, a 15" speaker, not sure of the ohms.

Or can I run a cable from that check directly into the PA board ?

Thank you in advance.

WTJ

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!  http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1