Re: [Harp-L] Hohner CBH 2016

I had a 2016 serviced about two months ago.It cost me $43.00 for a tune up, new wind savers and an overall clean up. They even gave me a new case for free.
They said they had plenty of parts in stock.

Emile Diggs D'Amico

>>> "Jeffrey Spoor" <Jeffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/01/07 10:00AM >>>
Hi, Jeffrey,

I track CBH 2016s on eBay. I don't write anything down, but I have a sense  of their value at auction. In the last year, they have ranged in winning  bids from $99 to over $300, sometimes but not always depending on  condition. The recent one without a slide button was pulled early,  probably as a result of my pointing out to the seller that an unplayable  harmonica wasn't worth much. I encouraged them to look into having it  fixed. (Mike Easton works on them.)

My guess is that CBH 2016s average out about $200, or a little over. I  paid $256 for mine about two years ago, and that appears to be on the high  end of what they've sold for since. Mine was not pristine; it reeked of  cigaret smoke, and had (still has) three brands of windsavers. But  everything works, and it sounds good. The gapping seems to be fine.

I hope this helps. Hohner doesn't have many spare parts for them, but they  will work on them. You may want to consider getting an estimate from them
before replacing the reedplates. Or see if Easton has the time.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Tom