Re: [Harp-L] Simple Recording Method

Walter-

Assuming you have a PC type computer...  Download Audacity from the web.  It
is free, but very powerful.  Start from there to see what direction you
might want to go.

Your computer has a sound card, and you can make recordings using that.  But
your first step up might be to buy a USB audio interface that bypasses your
souind card.  They cost around $100-$150 for no-frills units.

You will need a microphone you can plug into your sound card or into your
audio interface.  You will also need speakers or headphones to listen to
your recordings.  That's all you need to get started.

When you download Audacity, be sure to also download the LAME codec so that
you can save to mp3 files.  That will allow you to make files you can upload
and share.

Email me if you have any questions; I'll be happy to help.

-Spec20