[Harp-L] Shure 540S

Actually, Paul Butterfield used the Shure 545S, which is a longer
microphone. The 540S is nice because it is shorter, but it is a
different design entirely. They both sell for about the same price
range on eBay ($40-60 and up depending on condition). I have a 545L
that sounds pretty good with harp (like the S but without the L piece
hanging down). Here  is some info about the 540S:
http://www.backstage-lounge.com/story.asp?storycode=5781

Here is  a guy names Harpsucker on Youtube playing a 540S on a Masco
(near the end of the video). This guy has several great videos
comparing different vintage mics and amps - I bought a Nice Beyer M55
on eBay after hearing him play one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ3CBI8DUOM

- Robert
(aka RawHarp)