[Harp-L] gig report

Oh man. Played a freebie last night to raise money for a skateboard park. Kids were jumping stairs and tables while people were playing. Uh...cool...I guess. The first band was excellent--they played alternative with interesting diminished chords and other non bar band kinds of stuff. The songs started blending together towards the end but high energy original music nonetheless. Their lead singer is part of a belly dancing crew so there were belly dancers on the dance floor. Always nice especially with the skateboarders. Our band could have used a little more practice and a little less alcohol. I wasn't drinking so I have no excuse. My harp playing sucked, but it's good to bellyflop once in awhile--makes you woodshed.It was fun to try and stick Popper runs on a Junior Wells tune.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm