[Harp-L] Richard Hunter and New Inspiration

I think that it is a shame that you had to result to self-promotion. I visited broadjam last night and listened to a couple of your songs. When I saw the post about inspirational modern playing, your music was the first I thought of. I wished now that I had kept better track of what you have been doing.

Listening to the recordings was a delight. The level to which you have developed your playing astounded me. The facility with which you play chromatically on a diatonic harmonic is brilliant, the structure of your songs builds just the right amount of tension leading to a satisfying resolution, and the apparent joy in your music made me smile. I also heard the quality in your music of sounding familiar to the listener, yet at the same time new and different.

You have inspired me to practice more and play out less. I still remember the fundamentals you tried to teach me some 30 years ago, and even before listening to your recent work I always recognized the influence you had on my playing. I also realized that I need to study music theory if I want to truly progress in my playing.

Best wishes to you and yours, keep playing and keep writing, it benefits all of us.

WTJ

Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888