Re: FW: Re: [Harp-L] Thanx Hohner guys

I just want to tell yall how  cool these guys are at Hohner. I talked about
my experience here with a Pro Harp  and did my usual rant thing, but what I
said was true. A reed did break off and  hit me in the back of the throat. First
Fernando got in touch with me and told  me he would get in touch with Hohner
USA and maybe they could do something about  what happened. I didn't think much
of it, but by this morning Bill at Hohner USA  sent me an Email with his
number on it and told me to get in touch. I just got  off of the phone with him,
and a nicer down to earth guy, in a position like  he's in, I have never met
before. He told me that they take things like that  very seriously and wanted to
know what happened. I explained that this happened  in like 97 or something I
wasn't sure. I figured the time that had elapsed would  negate really
anything that could be done about it. We talked for a while about  it and then he
asked me what my favorite keys were and I said all of them, he  kind of chuckled
and said pick 3. Long story short, Hohner is sending me 3 SP  20's at no
expense to me. How cool is that? I've played Hohners since 1973. My  first one was
a Marine Band in C that I played until I had to hold the covers on  with
rubber bands. Second one was a Blues Harp in A and after I wore that one  out I was
really ready to commit to harp. I traded my trumpet in for 6 harps and  a
microphone and started gigging right then, switched to SP 20's as soon as they
came out. I've tried a lot of different kinds of harps but I've never been able
 to find anything I could just buy and gig that night with except SP  20's.
They fit me I guess.
           The  professionalism that I was shown today was above and beyond
anything I could  have hoped for. I would have settled for an apology and
recognition of my  plight. These guys backed up Hohners in a way I'll never forget.
Thanx Bill, and  thanx to you Fernando. I'm not a big name harp player
although I've done some  pretty cool gigs in my day and been through a bunch of
harps, but they treated  me with respect like I was a touring pro. I aint done yet
though.
         Thanx Guys, your the  best
              Randy
       BiscuitBoy  Blues           (It's  coming)